Topband: Very un-Boring report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Very un-Boring report
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:18:11 -0700
Not much to add - fantastic red letter night.  32 different European calls
in the log - starting with SM5EDX at 0105 (6 minutes before sunset) and
ending with GM3YTS at 0655.  ZL3IX at 0721z was desert.  Was hearing OH3XR
and SM5EDX after 0700z - amazing.

Was also surprised to work ES5TV at 0608 UTC - seemed very late for him.

Pulled off another QSO with RA4LW in grid LO44 and YO2LDC could at least
hear me - offering hope of working a new country in the near future.

After nights like this - it is hard to think that the band shouldn't be open
every night.

Once again, my beverage proved to be the wrong direction for most of the
stations I worked.  Was using the TX antenna (loaded 80 foot tower) most
of the time.  Maybe I will figure out how to put up a second beverage
pointing a bit further north today.  The current one is pointing around
70 degrees.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR
tree@kkn.net