Topband: Morning noise

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Morning noise
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 06:59:58 -0700 (PDT)
As I write this a half hour before sunrise, the
"noise" is a couple S-units above the noise floor on
my NW Beverage. Much lower on the West wire and can't
hear it at all on the SW wire.

It probably is a radar as it seems to be frequency
agile, with the peak signal hopping around the whole
bottom end of the band. The wide spectrum can still be
heard all over but the peak moves. At first I thought
it was QSB but if I tune when the signal level drops I
can find the peak again nearby.

No DX heard this morning and the ZL digi is very weak.
Typical condx after a EU opening the previous night.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg
http://w7iuv.com