Topband: 160m DXCC

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m DXCC
From: Steve Lawrence <SMLX@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:20:11 -0700
Greetings Top Banders!

I just received my 160m DXCC certificate # 1159 dated July 8, 2005.

Here's a summary of my efforts from the USA West Coast:

QTH: 1/6 acre Los Angeles city lot, 4 miles from the Pacific.
TX: Shunt fed HF tower, no radials, legal limit amp.
RX: 20 ft diamond Coax loop at 20-25 ft on house roof, preamp in shack.

Qs: All CW
Biggest surprise: 9M2AX answering my CQ.

Dubious distinction awards (worked on two continents):
     #1 Bob worked as G4VGO and 9V1GO
     #2 Gyuri worked as HA5JI and CT3/HA5JI
     (Thanks guys. Really!)

A special thanks to:
     KM9D and KF4TUG for activating many pacific islands;
     DL7DF for the many Caribbean entities;
     and to the Europeans who pulled me out of the noise.

European  entities worked (West coast polar absorption path): 8

Longest distance Q: VK6DXI  7909 miles (12725 km) - although JT1CO
just seemed like he was further.

Total time to reach 100: 63 months - that's SIXTY-THREE months.

Thanks to the many subscribers of this reflector and the super
gentlemen operators on Top Band: K1ZM, W4ZV, W8UVZ, W8JI, DF2PY,
G4VGO, HA5JI, K6SE, W6OAR and many more.

It can be done from the farthest side of the pond.

73, Steve WB6RSE