Topband: Butternut 160 Mtr. Add On Kit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Butternut 160 Mtr. Add On Kit
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <rlc@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:11:24 -0700

Hello Fellow Topbanders,

I just finished building a switch able 1/4 wave vertical (made of
telescoping aluminum tubing) for 30 and 80 Meters (which works fine) and
want to get it working on 160.

I tried making a loading coil of 1/4 inch copper tubing but could not
get it to work.

I have the Butternut 160 Meter add on kit and used it very successfully
with a linear loaded 80 meter vertical over the past few years.  Since
there is little time left before Kure, I want to go back to my 160 meter
add on kit.   Now the add on kit simply won't work with the full size
1/4 wave vertical.

Can anyone help me get the add on kit to work?  Is there a reason it
won't work with the full size 1/4 wave vertical?  I would like to get it
up an running while Kure Island is on the air.  Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Bob/AA6VB