Re: Topband: RW2F Topband Antenna

To: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Topband: RW2F Topband Antenna
From: RA6LBS <ra6lbs@volgodonsk.ru>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:27:41 +0400
Hi Bill,

> I'm sure many others would be interested in the
> 160 antenna currently in use at RW2F.  Is it still
> the FVR Spitfire or a different system?

The last time I been there and later heard from Vlad thats a bit
different - same tower

http://ra6lbs.ru/Photos/RW2F/pages/IMG_3785.html

AND he added 2 sloping elements to serve as director and reflector and
they are revers switchable of course.

But this one seems to be nice performer too:

http://www.ra6lbs.ru/Photos/RU1A/pages/IMG_8224_edited.html

at that time it was 2 el., now it is already 3 el. at 170 feets!

> P.S.  I hope you will help Vlad UA2FF with some
> 160 RX antennas for the MVI expedition in Nov!

of course, and perhaps as an antenna installer too :-)

--
Andrei,
RA6LBS                          mailto:ra6lbs@volgodonsk.ru

                                WWW.RA6LBS.RU