Re: Topband: Pennants/Flag report and K9AY xfmr question

To: "Luis Mansutti IV3PRK" <luisprk@tin.it>
Subject: Re: Topband: Pennants/Flag report and K9AY xfmr question
From: RA6LBS <ra6lbs@volgodonsk.ru>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 22:09:44 +0400
Hello Luis!

Вы писали 8 сентября 2005 г., 18:22:58:

> But I discovered that the problem is due to the KD9SV preamplifier. I don't
> know why but it introduces that s9+ noise only with the Flag, not with any
> Pennant, neither with the verticals.

Seems to be strange a bit! If I remember correctly he is using some
DPDT relay to switch IN-OUT amplifier AFTER the rotary switch.
I`would check that RCA connectors ...

> FireRite  binocular  BN202-73  is very nice, 3 and 9 turns windings is
> all you need.
> Yes, that has been already my choice: I found that 3 and 8 windings is
> perfect!

Is that for 50:450 ohms ratio?

I found twice that the needed amount of secondary turns was a bit lower than
calculated by classic formulas throw the Resistance ration!

> Andrei, your web site looks interesting, but I am unable to get any English
> reading on it!

I`am  too lasy! or busy? Perhaps later in autum I`ll try to make it in
English  and  fullfill  with  some  new  info. If you have any special
question please let me know, and I hihgly recomend you the PhotoAlbums
page  - http://www.ra6lbs.ru/page6.htm a number of nice guys and their
toys could be found there.

--
Andrei,