Topband: South american opening to EU

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: South american opening to EU
From: "Dr .Wolf Ostwald" <320057114934-0001@T-Online.de>
Date: 09 Jul 2005 10:07 GMT
hi reflectees !
Sure we are in the summer doldrums with topband and too easily we forget that
it is late year in the southern hemisphere.I checked the band this morning, it
was noisy and i moved to 20m CW, when all in a sudden a spot for LU5FF
appeared.( TNX to DL9YX !!! ) It was close to my sunrise and i did not expect
to hear him. But fortunately there he was, not loud but solid 559. Third try
got him into the log.
As it is hard to get cards from South America, i am happy he has an EA7 as a
manager.PY and ZP was faintly heard, maybe earlier would have been better. And
the astounding thing was, that LU5FF stayed Q 5 copy about 30 min into my
daylight ( past SR ).
Looks like the good ol`days when even western stateside stayed
copiable for 45 min past sunrise ( 1996/ 97 ).
keep on lkg for those south of the equator !
BTW : HC1HC told me he will be on 160 from September on .
73 and good DX for everyone  de wolf   df2py