Re: Topband: Field Day

To: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Field Day
From: "George Taft" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:10:17 -0400

Hello Jim

> Another show of hands -- who's planning to be on 160 for Field Day?

I've tried it the past three years.  Highest total to date was 3,  two years
ago.  The other years it was one each.

Using our "Battle Creek Special" vertical as the FD low band antenna.  So
the top band antenna is fairly decent.

But  no one QRV, sri to say.

BTW, I'll be using the same antenna agn this year but probably won't bother
much with TB - especially with big time Thunderstorms predicted for the
Great Lakes area.  Eighty meters will be challenge enough, hi.

73  George  W8UVZ (FD from W8DF)