Topband: BOG antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: BOG antenna
From: Rune Øye <la7tha@tussa.com>(by way of Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:24:35 -0400
Hello fellow topband colleges.

Hope I can post, and get some help here.

I have started to think about upcoming fall, and what kind of listening
antennas I should use.

I am currently new on low and topband, and have only had antenna for 160
and 80 for the last 2 winter seasons.

ON my receiver side, I am using K9AY loop MFJ noise canceller (1026) to my
IC756 PROII.
This setup has given my some more "nice listening hours" comparing to
earlier setup.

I have very limited space for antenna, but was thinking about BOG antenna
for NW SE and NE SW.

My question is, it is possible to make a BOG antenna so I can listen in 2
directions???.
I hope when the fall is here I can lay down 2 BOG antennas around 1
wavelength on 160.

Wondering if it is possible to use "beverage reflection transformer" with
BOG antenna.
What I have seen from ON4UN Low band book, is that this antenna normally
has lower impedance, maybe something around 200 ohm.
I suppose that the feed point transformer could bee 4:1 instead of 9:1. ?????.

What will happen, after I have 1 meter of snow over the antennas ?????.

Hope there is someone out there that have some idea or have experimented
with this type of antenna.
I am NOT a antenna guru, so maybe my questions are wrong.

Hope my written English is understandable.

73 de Rune LA7THA