Topband: 160 m Gathering dinner at Dayton Hamvention

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 m Gathering dinner at Dayton Hamvention
From: "George Taft" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:10:35 -0400
This year's "160 m gathering" drew record crowd with 100 attending the Friday
nite dinner during the Dayton Hamvention.  While our attendance was an all time
high, on the other side of the equation was a Hamvention as sparsely attended
as I can recall.  Attendees saw large unsold gaps in the flea market and inside
vendor space.

Great presentations were made by Charlie, N0TT from the very successful FT5XO
DXpedition, and by Eric, K3NA, of the "data collection project" on top band
from the same DXpedition.  And finally by John, ON4UN,  with a tribute to his
contributors to his 4th edition of Low-Band DXing.  John sold and personally
autographed copies of his book during the predinner time.

And a well done to George, K8GG, for organizing, processing reservations and
MCing the dinner presentations.  George jumped in at the last minute in early
February to help with this project.

Finally, thanks to the presenters and the attendees for making 2005 a year to
remember.

CU May 19, 2006 for next year's "gathering"

73  George  W8UVZ