Topband: Boring Report 8R1RPN and FT5XO

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Boring Report 8R1RPN and FT5XO
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 08:30:11 -0800
Olli at 8R1RPN sure had a solid signal last night, as did 9Y4/OM3TZZ.  They
seemed to be making into Europe pretty well.  I have never heard Olli as
strong as he was - and for a good hour as well.

This morning, FT5XO was there, but rough copy.  I was copying an occasional
letter when VE7CC worked them around 1410 - and a few letters every now and
then when W2VJN got them about 5 minutes later.  I was hoping they would peak
around my sunrise (which is around 1425) - but instead, their signal went
down and was gone.

:-(  But at least they were on the band at the right time for me - and
hopefully conditions will be better next time.

They were on 1823.6 - listening up two.  They were on 3505 also, and did peak
up well around sunrise as well as the previous morning on SSB.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net