Topband: Paths to FT5XO

To: topband@contesting.com, carlosa.almeida@verizon.net,billw6fw@juno.com
Subject: Topband: Paths to FT5XO
From: Earl W Cunningham <k6se@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:03:10 -0800
Interesting propagation paths this morning to FT5XO.

That QTH is about 1000 miles from my antipodes and the short path beam
heading is 200 degrees (LP = 20 degrees).

This morning around sunrise, on 80m CW he was slightly better on my SW/NE
pattern than my NW/SE pattern -- probably the best path was somewhere in
between SW and SE, probably 180 to 200 degrees.

On 40m CW he was best with my 2-el Yagi due west and was easily worked.

On 20m CW he was best on my 3-el Yagi at 330 degrees and was easily
worked.

Didn't hear him on 160m, but this is the right time of year for it!

73, de Earl, K6SE