Topband: From DU9/N0NM

To: "Topband post" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: From DU9/N0NM
From: "Jon Rudy-MCC Asia Peace Resource" <mccapr@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:07:56 +0800
Conditions have been abismal from this end. I finally got my 80 meter let back
up and will be looking for USA East Coast at their sunrise. 3505+- and will QSY
if there is  good condx. I have realtime packet so communicate that way (I log
on to AB5K).

After a bit of troubleshooting I islolated my IC-756 (orig) problem to the
"main board" microprocessor. Its a 100 pin surface mount affair and replacing
it with a 100 watt weller solder gun is out of the question. I could probably
get it out but the hole burned through the PCB would cause more problems than
it would solve:) If anyone has a dead IC-756 laying around and would be willing
to part with it let me know and we can work a deal. New ones run what a good
used rig cost.

The FT-100 is not preforming too badly but I miss being able to turn off the
AGC and the filter has lots of blow by. JA on 80 meters pump the AGC being 5KC
away.

jon
Jon Rudy, DU9/N0NM
Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines
Zone 27, OC-130, grid PJ27
mccapr@myrealbox.com
n0nm@arrl.net
ex: 3DA0CA, 4D71/N0NM, 4D71NM, 4W3ZZ,  7P8ZZ, A2/ZS5UZ,
      AA0NM, C91CO, WN0UZZ, WB0UZZ, ZS5UZ/6