Topband: RE : High and low angles

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: RE : High and low angles
From: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 19:59:25 +0000
Getting sick of all those TOA's Bill.
A couples of years now I am looking, thinking, listning, reading
consulting  johns on4un low band dx'ing  book but it's of no avail. My
lot is my lot and at 71 Years young there is not a bunch of chances left
I ever buy an other one with all facilities, space, neighbours, legal
facilities included. One thing I am sure about, there will be Topband
antenna anyway, since there are not much years ........
But which one?
-My lot , triangular +/- 150 x 140 x 130 ( 130 is street side and //
with future BPL lines ).
- not that much space left for radials by definition ( triangular ).
The house obstructs radials lay down. The free angel is only +/- 30°.
-
I'll submit the problem.
- shunt fed tower .... 22 meters high with a 5 elements beam on top,
plus some other vhf shf omnion th mast at 26 meter ( sayt 80 foot ). But
it's only 20 foot away from the operators position. Only 3 or 4 radials
can be laid down, length less then 50 feet.
- A 2 x 20 meter dipole on each side of the triangle ( 30° opening )
street side exluded because ot the energie lines....

Why not a automatic or tunable TOA antenna Bill, the smallest possible,
and certainly something Low Cost ...HI.

What say Bill. Take care mate.

Jos on4kj