Topband: interesting condx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: interesting condx
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 07:27:43 -0500
I experienced echoes for the first time on topband this
morning.  KL7J was strong enough but almost impossible to
copy due to echo delayed about 200 - 300 milliseconds.  A
couple of times it cleared up and I called Les, only to
have the echo return making copy impossible.

Last night was my first chance to really test the Beverages.
Most of the time the transmit antenna was hearing better
but there were exceptions.  I worked 5T0CW which would have
been impossible receiving on the V as he was right under my
switcher QRM.  KL7J was not audible on the V at all, but
good on a Beverage (559 without the echo).  A61Q,
SV5/DJ7RJ, and 4X4WN were sometimes, but not always, better
copy on a Beverage.

The big snow storm was making plenty of QRN, but there was
enough good DX to keep it interesting and managed to put 2
new ones in the log!

73,
Paul  N1BUG