Re: Topband: JA on 160m

To: Robert Tellefsen <n6wg@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: JA on 160m
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:05:35 -0800
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 10:10:19AM -0800, Robert Tellefsen wrote:

> I'm going to try working the JIDX contest in April.
> Can anyone tell me what are the more probable times
> to work JA from the San Francisco area?  Evening,
> middle of the night, early morning?
> Just trying to get an indea of what it might take
> to catch a few on topband.

Sunset in April in JA is around 0930 UTC.  Your sunrise will be
around 1345 UTC.  Those would be the only possible times to work
JA there.  I would concentrate on the hour before your sunrise
as the most likely time to work the 2 or 3 stations that you will
be able to hear.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net