Re: Topband: Support Lines Crossing ABOVE 14KV Lines

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Support Lines Crossing ABOVE 14KV Lines
From: "sebdesn" <sebdesn@ecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:08:27 -0700

Dick  W7WKR wrote:
"Do any of you know of a reasonably  SAFE way to install an antenna system
where a support line crosses way above such lines?"

My first accounting job in the early 60's was for a mortuary chain, and our
offices were in the basement of one of the mortuaries. One morning the
embalmer for the facility came in my office and talked me into going up and
seeing the remains of a roofer that had backed into a 14K line while on a
roof....The whole back of his head was gone...I keep that in mind while
contemplating things around power lines.
73,de Bud WØHG