Topband: New Vertical performance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New Vertical performance
From: W5UN <w5un@wt.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 21:03:53 +0000
I wasn't in the contest for competition, just trying out my new 140' ground
plane vertical with elevated radials.

Using mostly S&P operating, in one hour, forty minutes on Saturday night
twenty-five European stations were put in the log. Then, in fifty-five
minutes of operating on Sunday morning before leaving for Church, seventeen
JA's found their way into my log.

So I conclude the following - (1) either the conditions were great; (2) the
new vertical is working well; or (3) both the above are true.

I tried phasing the new vertical with my old 100'  tower (the previous 160
meter antenna) that is 1/2 wl due north of the vertical, but so far this
has been a fruitless effort (yes, its well decoupled, for those of you
wondering).

73, Dave - W5UN                                         w5un@wt.net

homepage: http://web.wt.net/~w5un    Grid: EM23mg

RR 10, Box 27