Topband: Sloper Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Sloper Antenna
From: "wa4fki" <wa4fki@nc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:19:08 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I thought I found a good antenna that would work in a small city lot. The
"Sloper" seemed to be the answer. Three were built with no success. I followed
to the letter slopers that were described in QST, they would not work.

Is it required to have a tower behind the sloper? The last one I build was from
QST. It was fed at the top with RG-8. There was a loading coil at the top, as I
recall about 90 turns that connected to the sloper wire and the other end of
the coil connected to the center part of the coax..

Can anyone tell me what I done wrong?

Bill
WA4FKI