Topband: [Fwd: Your "echo " on 160]

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: [Fwd: Your "echo " on 160]
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:41:49 -0400
Dear Topander,

Do LDE's occur on 160?

Herb

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Your "echo " on 160
Date:   Sun, 13 Feb 2005 05:51:56 EST
From:   BarryABoothe@aol.com
To:     herbs@vitelcom.net

Hi Herb, I'm guessing that as you call CQJA you switch directivity. This morning, in one or two positions where you were weakest here in So. TX, I heard a signal under you and thought that someone was calling you. As I listened, I realized that it was YOUR signal coming around the other way or else some form of LDE.....boy it sounded eerie! It occurred for 3 CQ's, fading out on the last one. It was on a slightly different frequency, maybe 20 hz + or -, and was delayed 2-4 seconds, varying a bit. Do you think I'm finally going batty? I wonder myself. Too many years listening to 160 background noise, HI.
Best DX, Herb, Barry