Topband: Loop

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Loop
From: "Rick Darwicki" <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 11:10:16 -0800
Thanks to all who suggested the 5' per side RX loop.

I just tuned my 5' loop without a preamp and can null the S-5 noise reading to
0. It has the suggest balun and is just a few feet off the ground

I have tried many small loops with no success and this puppy seems to work very
well. Adding a preamp should really improve things.

I hope there are some signals on the band tonight so I can see how it works on
skywave stuff.

Now that it looks like the RX side can be improved, it is on to the TX antenna.

73 Rick  -= N6PE =-