Topband: Help de-coupling the TX antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Help de-coupling the TX antenna
From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:27:18 -0500
Thanks for all your comments on my RX antenna (EWE) issues.  It's clear
that they are too close to the TX antenna, an inverted-L with 21 radials.
 Almost everyone said the tx antenna needed to be de-coupled on RX and
referred me to ON4UN's book.

John is a little too vague for me, so here are my questions on how to
implement this:

- From John's book it looks like I need a switch or relay of some sort
between the vertical section the the antenna and radials that would take
one of the sections to ground (?) True?

- How do I control this? A seqeuencer of some sort?

- What happens to QSK? My station is an Orion and Herc II amp.  QSK is
very nice!

Any help... comments, suggestions, etc., is appreciated!

Thanks in advance and 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC