Re: Topband: Top Loading of Shunt-fed Tower

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top Loading of Shunt-fed Tower
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:21:40 -0500
I have been following this closely because I've been curious about shunt
feeding with a SteppIR as well.  I have a 4 element SteppIR (32' boom)
mounted at 80' and an OB2-40 at 90'.  The elements on the OB2-40 are
floating as well.

I've heard so many things on both sides of the fence... some people say no
problem, some people say I'll destroy the SteppIR motors.  So, I've been
reluctant to experiment.

But, I would like to hear what people are saying.  So, if there are
discussions about it off the list, I would appreciate anyone being kind
enough to include me in.

thanks,
Tom, NI1N