Topband: JA's

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: JA's
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 07:42:30 -0500
Oh boy... this morning had to be one of the best W1 to JA
openings ever, and I still couldn't work one!  It is very
rare to have any usable propagation to JA.  This morning
JA7NI was coming up nicely until QRM got him.  In
desperation I tried self-spotting on the DXCluster and
called CQ JA on 1811.5 for a while, but no takers.  Just
after my SR I heard JA5DQH working stations on 1810.4.  He
was 569 but going down fast.  I called several times but
was beat out by larger stations or those with more
favorable propagation.

This makes two mornings in a row with good propagation to
JA.  I know it's not likely to hang on 3 days in a row, but
I will be on again tomorrow morning looking hard for a JA
QSO.  I have QRM problems 1813 to 1820 and sometimes
higher, so I will probably try CQ below 1813 again if
conditions are good.

73
Paul  N1BUG  (Maine)