Topband: Condx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Condx
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 05:01:37 -0500
I've been doing the midnight to SR watch this week hoping
3D2 and ZK1 show up.  Nothing yet.

The last two nights have seen great propagation from here to
southern Europe, but poor to northern Europe.  The SM/OH/LA
stations know all about that...

Condx to the northwest US were especially good tonight, with
W7WKR (WA) running an honest 569 with 100 watts.  QRO
stations from that corner of the country were 599 which
does not happen often.  Not a trace of KL1V however.

Yesterday morning I was able to hear HL3IUA 339 and JA7NI
peaked 449 for about 3 minutes.  Those are actually
remarkably good signals for that path!  It is amazing to
listen to W6/7/0/5/4 etc. working them with 579 to 599 plus
reports!  I truly understand how the west coast must feel
when we routinely work EU/AF/middle east with signals like
that!  Unless greatly skewed, the path from here to JA goes
just about over the magnetic pole... not good.

73,
Paul  N1BUG