Topband: Noise on 160m was big today, please be patient.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Noise on 160m was big today, please be patient.
From: "David Zhou, BA4DW" <davezhou@citiz.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 07:17:37 +0800
Hello Everyone,

I know there are a lot of EU guys calling me this morning. I managed to work
some OZ, PA, I, DL stations,
but only a few. Seeing the spots on cluster, I know I also gave more
stations frustrations. Please be patient,
the noise level was extremely high today,  even I use AIP and ATT on my
TS-50S, the noise level was over 9,
which means 9 ++++ if I release AIP and ATT. But this is not always the
case, in the contest, the noise level
was pretty low, and I managed working more than 40 west coast and middle
west US stations in one hour,
and more EUs as well.

Now I have a FL-2100Z linear amplifier, which runs 400-500 watts output, and
a dipole antenna for 160m. It's
just a start of my 160m DXing. Please be patient, and I will be there
tomorrow morning for EUs...

73,

David Zhou, BA4DW

from downtown, Shanghai