Topband: T-antenna vs Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: T-antenna vs Inverted L
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:53:32 -0500
  Tell me if you think it's worth the effort to put back up my Inverted L that
fell down during the
  summer ?  It was about 45 foot vertical and the remaining 85 ft was
horizontal. I had 4 full size 130 ft
  elevated radials on it. It worked good...  I worked all states in the CQWW
160 - even had KL7 call me
  and had little trouble working the big gun EU stations running only 100 watts.

   I presently have a 88 ft long zepp up about 45 ft.  It is a flat top - not
and inverted vee.  I was thinking
 of  shorting the 450 ohm feeder and feeding it as a "T" antenna on 160.  I was
going to put a similar
 radial system on it - maybe even adding a few more.  Is this antenna long
enough to feed as a "T" ?
 I have heard people using G5RV's - that are 102 ft long and putting a radial
system under it with
 some success.

 Interested in hearing from anyone who has used both the "T" and the Inverted
L.  I want to get on and play in CQWW 160 CW but don't have lot's of time to do
antenna work between now and then....

                      Jeff  KU8E