Topband: Beacon Tribune

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beacon Tribune
From: John Ceccherelli <n2xe@verizon.net>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:54:52 -0500

Last night's code word was OK. 10 stations copied the 40 mW beacon on the FRV despite several frequency changes. Good work guys! I'm pleased the FRV did as well as it did! I've added some photos of the FRV set-up for 160 meters. See: http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/id2.html

It's good to see some dipoles, inverted Ls and EDZs getting into the act. Last night broke the Beverage only streak.

Tonight the beacon starts late at 0000Z on 80 meters, 3545.5 KHz, 40 mW. End - 1230Z

Last night's report summary:

W4ZV    BILL    NC    EM95    ORION/BEV
VE3MGY  BRIAN   ON    FN03    756/BEV
N4JI    BILL    VA    FM08    756/BEV
WA2UUK  HARV    NY    FN12    1000D/INV L
K3UL    BOB     PA    FN11    756/BEV
N2NT    ANDY    NJ    FN20    PHASED BEV
K1FZ    BRUCE   ME    FN54    RC-4/BEV
K2BLC   LEE     NJ    FN20    OMNI V/DIP
K1KI    TOM     CT    FN32    1000MP/EDZ
W1FV    JOHN    MA    FN42    ORION/BEV