Topband: Beacon Tribune, The N2XE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Beacon Tribune, The N2XE
From: John Ceccherelli <n2xe@verizon.net>(by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:11:39 -0500

Last night?s code word was BEER. 20 stations reported in, thanks guys! Ray, K9IT in Illinois, wins the night at 797 miles or 15,940 miles per watt.

Tonight, I?m going to get a little selfish and see how the Fly Rod Vertical does on 160 meters. Power will stay at 50 mW. The antenna patter will probably kill the signal for you folks within 100 miles of me but we?ll see.

Beacon details can be found at http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/id2.html

Don?t forget to include your state or province in the report?saves me the trouble of looking it up ;-)

Here?s last night?s summary:
K1LT    VICTOR  OH      EM89    765/BEV
K9IT    RAY             IL      EM58    OMNI 6/BEV
K8GG    GEORGE  MI      EN72    100MP/PHASED PENNANTS
W4SVP   STEVE   VA      FM07    1000MP/HOMEBREW VERTICAL
N9NE    TODD            WI      EN54    K2/DOUBLET
KC3M    JACK            PA      FN11    ORION/80 METER ZEPP
K3UL    BOB             PA      FN11    746PRO/BEV
AL0A    GREG            ME      FN43    FT817/LOOP (BETTER THAN HIS BEV)
K3JJG   ED              PA      FM29    R4C/SLINKY BEV
W8VXH   JIM             MI      EN83    TS570/BEV
W2RU    BUD             NY      FN23    TS950/SHUNT FED TOWER
VE3FU   CHRIS           ON      FN15    TS950/BEV
W8UVZ   GEORGE  MI      EN72    100D/PHASED BEV
K1GUN   JOHN            ME      FN53    1000D & K2/BEV
K1FV    BRUCE   ME      FN54    R4C/BEV
W4ZV    WILD BILL       NC      EM95    ORION/BEV
K4ZW    KEN             VA      FM18
WA4PGM  KYLE            VA      FM07    1000MP/INV L
K8EJ    STEVE   TN      EM75    746/LOOP

E=IR, it's not just a good idea, it's the law! Shameless self-promotion found at http://mysite.verizon.net/n2xe/

N2XE