Re: Topband: 160m Last Night

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Last Night
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:09:20 -0500
> Some excellent, although spotty conditions last night.

Agreed.  It was the best night in some time here.  Several
EU stations were extremely loud, first time in over a week
that I have seen any 599+ or even approaching that level.

VQ9LA was solid 559 copy some time after SS, but Larry was
suffering severe QRN and struggling even to hear EU.  As
far as I know he was not worked by anyone in NA.

9J2??, A45XR, and A61Q were all audible, but not worked.

It was nice to see V51AS having some success!  He was doing
quite well as SR approached, working both EU and NA.

I'm glad Z38AV finally moved out from under a severe birdie
and W1AW QRM so that I could get him for another new one.

...and I managed to miss 3G0YP yet again.  I really need to
get my act together!

73,
Paul  N1BUG