Topband: Magic "T" Combiners

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Magic "T" Combiners
From: Joe Wilkowski <k8fc@k8fc.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:26:28 -0700
Folks, has anyone had experience in constructing a Magic "T" combiner ?  If so,
can you provide me with your empirical data ?

  I have built a couple but have no way to verify the integrity of my work.  I
am phasing two Pennants and I swear I see no difference in gain or rejection
vs. one antenna.

 I have used BN202 binocular cores and using the impedance formulas for the
core material  and constructing the transformer as a hybrid in-phase combiner
with centertap  going to a 37.5 ohm resistor to ground and a carbon 150 ohm
resistor across the entire transformer at the feed points.

To date I am underwhelmed with the performance of these Pennants. Any personal
experience would be appreciated.

/joe k8fc