RE: Topband: hugh signals from europe!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: hugh signals from europe!
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:20:28 +0100

big signals from europe heard in arizona
between 0600z and 0630z. at least 5 european
stations were S9 plus!
0700z produced a dead band.
interesting to note that KC7V who is 100 miles
away was working stations that i could not hear
and i believe that he couldn't hear some of those
that i worked. southern cal seemed to be hearing
well but the big guns in utah were scratching.

73,
larry
n7dd
_____----------------------------------------

Evidently I slept too long to get the big signals. I first heard KC7V weakly
working somebody
down on the continent.  Moved to 1820 ( which I later learned from NI6T is a
bad freq for USA)
and KC7V came back to my CQ with a much better signal.  I guess I was
spotted on the local DX cluster
as I had the feeling that I worked practically all Central-AZ stns after
that.
Interstingly enough, a NJ station called and was not much stronger than the
" big guns " in AZ.

Next time I will CQ on a  0.4  frequency to get away from some of the noises
for US stns.
AND I will try to get myself up earlier  - if possible ! hi

73  and HNY

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.