Topband: 160 on jan 8 AM (GMT)

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 on jan 8 AM (GMT)
From: "john devoldere" <john.devoldere@pandora.be>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:37:08 -0000
Hi:

I've been kind of lazuy lately, sleeping late, and missing the good opening
which, I heard from my friend, havbe been very absent lately.

Today I made an exception and got on the band around 04:30 Z...

sh/www   said A index 40 or 50.... so must be very bad.  I had already notived
arurora sound on aisgnals on the HF bands on Jan 7th...

Bad luck again... Or... wait a minute.Over the next two and a half hour I
worked 39 W6 and W7 stations, more than I have worked in the past few years all
together...

Strange 160 m band. Signals were all skewed to the South... Most Northerly
station  (on the West coast) must have been Tree, N6TR... good siganl...

I must have worked a lot of "small" stations, the big guns were actually quite
loud!

I enoyed it.

Thanks to all of you who called, and sorry, I heard more than I could
decipher...

73

John, ON4UN