Topband: Condx on TopBand Last Nite (1/6-7)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Condx on TopBand Last Nite (1/6-7)
From: W8FJ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 10:56:20 EST
The signal levels were not bad here (Philadelphia area), and the band was
reasonably quiet, but propagation devinitely favored the W4,W5 regions.  The
fellas in these areas were giving and receiving the big signal reports last
night,
and I was regularly beat out by them when calling stations in Europe (this is
not usually the case).  I heard quite a few Eur to W0 and W7 QSOs as well.
5T5SN was in for over 2 hours with an excellent signal giving out many QSOs.

Several days ago the propagation from her to Europe was as good as it ever
gets here with many S9+ signals.  Hopefully, the good propagation days will out
number the bad ones for awhile now.

I do wish that 5Z4DZ who had an excellent signal on 80M last night will find
his way to topband.

Happy New Year to all.

John, W8FJ...