Topband: Sloping full wave pentagon loop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Sloping full wave pentagon loop
From: Chuck Gerarden <cgerarden@atomix.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:06:29 -0700
I have a ham shack near the top of a mountain. I recently hung a pentagon FW loop from the top of a 55 foot tower. The base is about 12 feet off the ground. the ground slopes away from the tower at about 20 degrees and the legs of the loop appears to come off the tower at about 45 degrees. Terrain to the West, North, and East slopes down from there at about 25 degrees for about 5 miles. I don't know how to model this but can anyone tell me what kind of 160 performance I could expect? I know a horizontal loop makes a good NVIS radiator, but with the sloping ground and sloping wire. will I get a medium TO angle?

Thanks

Chuck
W0DLE