Topband: Impedance Matching Transformers for Receiving Antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Impedance Matching Transformers for Receiving Antennas
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 07:28:44 -0500
G5VU wrote:
>Earlier this month I sent a message out about an excellent 26 page article
containing supporting technical information that I'd found.
I've received a small number of replies, off list, saying how good the
article is,
but I haven't seen a single comment/discussion on the list.

        I agree it is excellent but I viewed it as somewhat dated since
it did not test the binocular style core of 73 material that many are
now using.  W8JI describes this on his site and it has the advantage
of being MUCH MUCH easier to wind than multiple quadrifilar turns
interlaced on a toroidal core.  Too bad they did not include one of
these in their tests.

>This surprises me as the findings of the article discount the use of Type 43
material in favour of Type 75 over the range of 0.1 - 7MHz.

http://www.w8ji.com/core_selection.htm

73, Bill W4ZV