RE: Topband Digest, Vol 24, Issue 36 Topband: 160m DXCC History

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband Digest, Vol 24, Issue 36 Topband: 160m DXCC History
From: "johndunnington" <johndunnington@johndunnington.karoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 20:07:26 -0000
Hi All

Steve Lawrence wrote:
4) The DXCC desk stopped issuing numbered certificates a few years ago.
They are now dated only. This is for all DXCC awards, not just 160m.

Well after 45+ years I finally (thanks to LOTW) re-kindled my interest in
DXCC.
As 160m is one of my pet bands it is the only one so far I have submitted
additional cards to achieve 160m DXCC.

My 160m Certificate Dated 2nd Nov 2004 #1094. My Phone and CW Certificates
are also numbered.

Yes I can endorse "DXing on the Edge" it should be on all 160m operator
shelves.

My interest goes back to another SK G3LIQ Denis who experimented extensively
with short loasded elevated verticals
in the late 50's and early 60's.

Happy Holidays Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all.

73

John G3LZQ