Topband: ARRL 160M Contest Sweep

To: topband@contesting.com, 160m@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160M Contest Sweep
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@texas.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 01:00:03 +0000
Hi gang.

This past weekend in the ARRL 160M Contest I managed to work all 80 ARRL sections. This was a first for me in 30 years of operating in the ARRL 160M Contest.

I had previously worked VY1JA on 160M only once or twice before. But this was the first time I worked him AND the other 79 ARRL sections in the ARRL 160M Contest to get the sweep. I noticed from the 3830 scores that there were others that worked 79 sections. So many other people were close to getting a sweep also.

My question is "Has anyone ever gotten a sweep of all sections in this contest before"? Is this actually a first?

If anyone is wondering, 79 of the sections answered my CQ. The only section I found was KV4FZ when he was CQing in the DX window.

73, Richard - K5NA

k5na@texas.net