Re: Topband: Short Receive Antennas

To: <k7rx@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Short Receive Antennas
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:38:01 -0500
> gain or directivity at the moment.  I have a coax loop
right now built after
> the specs of KC2TX's system and using his box to tune it
but it does not
> seem to play well here with my PT-3, even when I put in
the preamp on the
> transceiver.

I noticed KC2TX directly parallels loops tuned to different
bands. That won't work very well. As a matter of fact, the
loop for the band you are not using will seriously degrade
level from the band you are using.

Second, there is no impedance matching...only resonanting
with a cap. That's not always a good idea, although it can
work.

I'd try an EWE, Pennant, Flag, or K9AY in that order
depending on what you can put up.

73 Tom