Topband: ARRL 160m CW from Hungary

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL 160m CW from Hungary
From: "VE3NE" <ve3ne@dipole.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:58:59 -0500
My friend Gyuri, HA5JI asked me post this message and I made a couple of errors
in there
so this is the revised version.

CONDX Summary:

During a 14 hours battle of the contest I logged 57 NA on the first night and
72 on the second night.
Making DX both nights were pretty tough. The DX window appeared to be very
narrow for those 6-7
stations who wanted to CQ. I called about 75-80% of the stations and only about
20-25% answered my CQ.
Assessing the CONDX from Hungary it was rather a one way situation. Even
stations who were "booming"
sometimes with 589 were difficult to work with. (May be their QRM or very
narrow filter settings were the problem)
Called N4BP along with many others but he couldn't copy me. Same story with
K3EST.
The strongest station was W2GD (559-599) then VE3EJ with pretty stable signal
(559-589) and VY2PX
who was 579 almost all the way. KC1XX, K3WW, K1TTT, W4MYA were around 559-569
and only seldom
they were stronger. K9DX was also 559- 599 but most of the time he was weak.
On the second night around 00:30 z K3OQF was pretty strong then went down to
569 later.
On the first night between 03:20 and 06:00 z I heard mostly W5 land and it was
easy to work them.
Some signals were 579-599. (13 W5: STX, NTX, MS, AR, OK) First night N7DD was
339 and many
EU were calling him but I didn't even try. On Saturday morning my last QSO was
at 06:10 and on Sunday
condx ended at 05:10.
All in all it was very tiring but great fun. That was the initiation of my new
IC 7800 that I bought 10 days ago.

73, Gyuri  HA5JI