Topband: again de CU2JU

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: again de CU2JU
From: Ricardo <cu2ju@clix.pt>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 17:58:23 -0100
WOW!

This thing is alive hi hi...

Ok Folks I dont have much time to repply everybody during the week, I want to say first of all that I can ONLY work 160m at weekends, no antenna conditions for this band at HOME (check my website)

I want to thank EVERYBODY that called me last weekend, I dont care if it was Europeans or NA, etc... I had lots of fun, and got quite some experience in this band 160m!

Thanks to the OM that sent me the link for the ARRL 160m contest rules, I had those already but tnx anyway!

I have read the rules several times, I now understand that the europeans contacts I made during the contest do not count Question, do I put them in the LOG?? or its not necessary??
Ohh by the way, I know some wont beleive hi, besides working the contest with a strayght Key, I looged all contacts with PAPER LOG and PENCIL, I am not confortable with Software logging, I log my contacts into the computer when I have time , NEVER during the contacts , its my way :-)!
I am going to send my logs by SNAIL MAIL, in the FORMS I downloaded from ARRL website!

I have ONE doubt, please anybody help me:
I worked TWO stations that After analising , forums, malinglists, clusters archives and the QRZ.com I think they migth be JOKES or Pirates, I dunno they are: N3HGZ and K9PM I would apreciate some one tell me if these stations where heard during the week end!!!

I ONLY LOGGED WHO I AM SURE I WORKED, I apologise to anybody that think that worked or hi imagined it :-)

I also apologise to who called me for many times, It happened to me many times also, but in my case is because I didnt heard you, I went back to EVERYBODY called me as long I could hear him, NA or EU, etc, went back to all I could, there is ONE thing I would like to ask (a rookie question)!!
-- HOW can anybody give a signal report of 559 on 160m??? or is it my Ipression that only in my weekend QTH 160m Noise is almost ALWAYS S-7 to 8 and sometims 9??? hi I can only hear in most cases stations that come above this noise level, am I rigth??

OK guys once again THANK you ALL for the welcome and repplys, I will repply individualy as soon as possible, and bye the way my first analys in this contest is 119 NA stations and 45 diferent sections... I will check for the duplicates I dont think I have them and will keep reading a lot around the internet hi I have been loosing long hours of time reading alot about 160m band! I have found lots of stories and websites and U name it, thats how I found this mail list!

To the OM that asked if I was going to be on the CQ 160m contest, hi the ansewr is NO :-) I had enough noise in my hears for some time now, as I said I did it for the experience and fun, sorry se ya when I am calling DX on the band (only at weekends)

SEE YOU ALL, TNX
--
73's de Ricardo Chaves
CU2JU - HM77ET - EU003