Re: Topband: Beverage antenna static discharge

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage antenna static discharge
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 23:05:35 +0000

After losing my beverage transformer to lightning, I rebuilt it and inserted it into the base of a defunct 807, so that it became a plug-in coil. Whenever the beverage is not in use and there is any threat of t-storm activity, I simply pull the coil out of the socket and store it in the box that shelters the coil assembly. It has endured some severe nearby lightning strikes in the last 2 years with no further mishap.