Topband: 9N7BCC Update

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 9N7BCC Update
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 06:07:25 -0500

Hi Bill,

Nothing from US this morning, but we were spotted by W8JI and WE1USA. We had
a good run
of EUs in the morning and added about another 100 QSOs to 160 so the total
is now 276.
Last QSO this morning was G3PQA 0043z.

Will try to be on 80 today by 11z. I have a feeling that the noise is lower
during the night and especially
high in the early evening due to cooking, heating and other family
activities. This may prevent any QSOs on
the long path. However, we put N7DD, W6RJ, N7UA, K6OY and N7JW in the log on
the 19th.
Since then nothing heard from US on 80. Yesterday I spent about 1 hour on 80
resulting in 2 QSOs
(9M2AX and JA6JPS).

We look into the possibility to put up another RX antenna, but space is
limited since we only have the
two roofs and they are already filled with antennas. Maybe we can put up a
short dipole which will also
help us with reception on 15 and 40.

So much from this end of the world. Please keep us informed.

73 Ben, 9N7RAI