Topband: EZNEC Coaxial Transmission-Line Model

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EZNEC Coaxial Transmission-Line Model
From: "Dick and Adele Bingham" <binghamstehekin@starband.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:40:17 -0800
Greetings everyone

I am not sure my interpretation of using EZNEC models for transmission-lines is
correct. If one of you has a short file using a transmission-line (to feed a
Dipole/Collinear/Sterba-Array/etc), I would appreciate receiving a copy.

I am investigating a 160-M dipole in the environs of a 160-M Sloping
Half-Square and wish to effect an open/short at the feed-
point to detune the dipole when it is not in use. I want to examine the effects
- if any - the vertical part of the TL has on the Half-
Square pattern/gain when the dipole is detuned. I have to use lightweight
1/8-th inch coax because the ladder-line gets too
heavy when loaded with snow/ice.

Any assistance will be appreciated...

73 de w7wkr - CN98pi
Dick Bingham