Topband: Titanex V160S and tuning unit

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Titanex V160S and tuning unit
From: <JSimon@GrahamDunn.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:31:28 -0800
I'm in the process of assembling a Titanex V160S vertical. Suffice to say that
the instructions leave a lot to be desired. They are on the skimpy side, and
the "English" is very difficult to understand. I have a few questions for
anyone who has had experience with the antenna and tuning unit:

-- the instructions for the tuning unit say "look for the lowest SWR on the
coil with the wire, which comes from the coax-connector on the desired
frequency. With the wire, which comes from the antenna end, you can find the
best SWR. If you get the best SWR, solder both wires."

Can anyone offer a practical explanation of what this means?
Thanks.

Jim Simon  W1YY/7

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email message may be protected by the attorney/client privilege, work
product doctrine or other confidentiality protection.
If you believe that it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please
reply to the sender that you have received the message in error, and then
delete it.
Thank you.