Topband: KH6 for ARRL160

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: KH6 for ARRL160
From: Kay John-CELL21 <John.Kay@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:25:19 -0600
Greetings,

It turns out that I have a business meeting in KH6 land December 6-9. I thought
it might be interesting to try and operate the ARRL160 contest from a
beachfront or cliff front location. My meeting is on Kauai (on the south
shore), but could consider other islands. I would guess the north side of Oahu
(but have to deal with KH7X QRM) or NE shore of the big island would be
suitable locations. I have an FT100 with CW filter and portable 10 m fiberglass
mast. I've thought about either inverted L, dipole (near cliff) or a kite
supported antenna.

Any suggestions or advice?

73,

John K9XW