RE: Topband: More Europe

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: Topband: More Europe
From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <otterstad@enter.vg>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 20:16:21 +0200
Last night  OCT  29

Lots of EU ,  I could not work the Russians (and other
EU )
but the BIG BOYS:   N7UA, W6RJ, N7DD, W2VJN, etc
seemed to do it fine!

Did work the EU BIG GUNS:  SM4CAN, SM5EDX, IV3PRK
OH3ES ( calling CQ all alone), LY3UM  ( who gave me 599-
must have been on QSB peak ), etc -

Packet and DX summit is NICE but
Don't expect to be ALONE !!!

Twisting all those strange knobs on the big box
helps me find UNPOSTED DX !  what a novel idea !
I know - many  Top Banders use ALL modes of discovery!

Also on the band many Russians and Doug ZP6CW

This is GREAT Top Band days  OR is that "Top Band Daze!"

I think falling on my head as a baby , is an asset for
Top Band operation !

Josh N7XM     Nevada USA

It may not be required - but it certainly helps !

I finally worked some of the W6+7 s I have worked from OZ8RO.
N7UA was very strong -  no surprise !  hi I even heard him on phone later !

An important thing is to keep your CQs short and listen , then call again.
It took me a while to work N7DD who peaked 589 as he faded out when stood
bye and listened. !
The peaks dont last very long so timing is everything, sometimes.

Let us hope we will have more mornings like that.

73

" RAG "  Ragnar Otterstad   LA5HE JW5HE OZ8RO

My photo website:
http://no.photos.yahoo.com/la5he

Located in Telemark - Home of skiing.
For more information about Telemark take a look at :
www.visittelemark.com     for more details.