Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the rotating tower

To: Juhani Viitala <viitala.juhani@kolumbus.fi>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feeding the rotating tower
From: Peter Sears <w5ps@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:39:05 -0500
Juhani, I have a 130' rotating tower with essentially the same setup. I have 2 element 40M at 130', 4 element 20M at 121', guy bearing at 120', guy bearing at 90'. another 4 element 20M at 61' and rotating joint at 60'. This tower like yours will look extremely long, it grid dips at 700Khz. I used an Omega match with the tap at 56' and 18" spacing. With your tower I would think a tap at 46' and the same spacing using an Omega match would work fine.

Peter
W5PS

Juhani Viitala wrote:

Hi!

I am planing to shunt feed my rotating tower. There are four yagis on it 5el 15m up 130', 5el 20m up 120', 4el 17m up 110' and 5 el 10m up 100' the first guy wire bearing ring is up 92' and the second 46' so I must put the gamma rod going inside the bearing rings so it is only a few inches from the tower on those points My question is what would be the best spacing and lenght for gamma rod to start. The upper guy wires (4) are cutted for 80 m half slopers.

73's John OH3SR