Topband: Bev. antenna cores

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Bev. antenna cores
From: "linda doyle" <ldoyle@gwi.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:40:36 -0500
Gentlemen...how can one test a mn8cx core for saturation my ne/sw 2 wire bev.
stopped working and I did everything but paint it to find the problem and
everything appears to be normal the only thing left to do is check for
saturation haven't a clue how to go about it,except wind all new transformers
there are 4 stacked transformers 2 cores each transformer and i don't have any
left however have ordered 16 new ones but there must be some way to test them
otherwise how did that term originate? thanks for any input on the subject..
John K1GUN..