RE: Topband: Phased active anntennas on 160m

To: paab@gte.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: RE: Topband: Phased active anntennas on 160m
From: "earlham@radiks.net" <earlham@radiks.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:08:26 -0400
W8JI's excellent website (W8JI.com) provides detail on a 4 square array
made of short verticals (20' in height).  I have built the array and can
attest it performs well if properly contructed.  My own experience showed
that providing equal current to each element was critical to achieve the
theorectical design pattern.  The current balance is a function of element
impedance which, in turn, is controlled in Tom's design by the amount of
resistance inserted (just a simple, carbon resistor) at the base of each
element.

73...Dave
W0FLS